Monday, 18 October 2010

Just My Type


Well en route today I've got me a copy of "Just My Type" by Simon Garfield which is a must read for any graphic designer or serious graphic design student I'm sure. I've just read a few pages and its good stuff all about fonts and there backgrounds and use. Now I sat on the fence studying Graphic Design but I needed to learn typography before gravitating to illustration but my interest remains in font design. Maybe 8 years or so ago I read Simon's book on "Mauve" after being fascinated by this colour for years and his book on the subject matter is great reading. I seem to recollect seeing a lass in a mauve blouse and being hooked on this colour true story I'm afraid. Mauve is fabulously sexy.

1 comment:

Dylan Lisle said...

I also quite like a bit of Mauve. A startling realisation.